The United States-South Pacific Scholarship Program, approved by the U.S. Congress and subsidized by Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Division of State and the Bureau of Educational, is a severe and merit-based grant program that gives valuable chances for Master’s and Bachelor’s certification learn at the University of Hawai’i in fields that are straightforwardly pertinent to the improvement needs of Pacific island nations.
It will likewise empower the beneficiaries to comprehend the United States better.
The grant program will incorporate a tutoring part, a potential follow-on summer entry-level position, and promptly available doors for cooperation in family and volunteer help programs.
The U.S.- South Pacific Scholarship Program is directed by the East-West Center to benefit the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
Table of Contents
Level/Field of study:
The Scholarship gives needs to areas of study that incorporate agribusiness, business, correspondence/news-casting, training, ecological investigations, orientation studies, NGO executives, political theory, policy management, general wellbeing, STEM fields (science, innovation, designing, arithmetic), and other related fields.
If an ideal field of study isn’t among the needs, the candidate ought to focus entirely on making sense of how this course of study would uphold the grant program’s objectives. Support isn’t accessible for professional degrees like engineering, regulation, and medication.
All grants are taken in the United States. Assuming that you are a worldwide understudy and you want to concentrate in the U.S., Check out
Up-and-comers from the accompanying nations who meet explicit choice standards qualify for the program: Papua New Guinea, Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
Choice: Selection will be made, with input from U.S. Consulates in the district, by a U.S.- based scholarly survey panel that might incorporate Pacific Islands and different experts from the East-West Center and University of Hawai’i framework, a delegate of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, and a Pacific Islands understudy agent.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Candidates probably finished optional school by the cutoff time for presenting a college application for admission to their undergrad program. In certain nations, this implies having finished “Structure 6.”
- In different nations, this might mean having finished “Grade 12.” However, individuals who have completed some undergrad-level courses and have not gotten what could be compared to a U.S. four-year certification are additionally qualified and firmly urged to apply.
- Since the program’s objective is to give an enlightening exchange understanding to those not as of late dealt with the expense of such an entryway, the tendency will regularly be given to candidates who have not had a late broad contribution to the United States.
- Candidates probably finished a three-year baccalaureate program essentially. Those with a three-year Bachelor’s certification might apply for a connecting project of as long as one year, which upon culmination considered the application to a graduate degree program.
- Expert’s projects may not need a crossing-over part, contingent upon earlier review and scholastic execution during the preceding year. For the most part, the USSP program doesn’t allow direct application and admission to an advanced education program.
- The people who currently have a four-year certification and a post-graduate confirmation or praises degree, or will have procured a post-graduate recognition or respect degree before the grant’s August beginning date, are unequivocally urged to apply.
- The inclination may likewise be given to up-and-comers who have not had broad open doors for learning at instructive establishments outside the Pacific Islands district (i.e., outside the nations recorded in passage one above).
Note: People with double citizenship, one of the United States, are not qualified. U.S. non-resident nationals and U.S. extremely durable occupants are likewise not qualified for USSP. All grant beneficiaries should have the option to meet the necessities of the Exchange Visitor (J-1 visa) program.
Selection Criteria for the United States–South Pacific Scholarship
- Assurance will be made by the U.S.- based educational review board that could consolidate Pacific Islands and various specialists from the East-West Center, the representative of the Bureau of Educational, University of Hawai’i system and Cultural Affairs, and a Pacific Islands student delegate.
- In choosing grant awardees, the audit council will consider academic legitimacy as well as different characteristics, including proof of administration potential and experience; local area administration; culturally diverse information, experience, and responsiveness; limit with regards to change; flexibility; capacity to seek after independent review; profession potential and business history; English language capability; imagination; drive; self-articulation; and, expected sorts of post-graduation commitments to home nation and district.
- Inclination might be given to those with practically no past U.S. or other worldwide review insight.
- Grants will be reported on the East-West Center site by April 1, 2022.
People are emphatically urged to present their USSP application utilizing the new ‘paperless’ online application framework at www.eastwestcenter.org/Z3u.
A total arrangement of ‘paper’ application materials (counting structure usable application and letter of reference structures) should be downloaded (see joins at the lower part of this site page).
Printed copy application bundles can likewise be acquired from U.S. government offices and departments situated in:
- New Zealand, Wellington, Or Auckland;
- Fiji, Suva;
- Papua New Guinea, Port Moresby; Apia, Samoa; or
- Award Services Office’s location at the East-West Center, 1601 East-West Road, Honolulu, Hawaii 96848-1601. Further demands:
- Fax: (808) 944-7730, Telephone (808) 944-7735; Email: USSP@EastWestCenter.org. All requests should reference the 2022 United States-South Pacific (USSP) Scholarship Program contest.
INFORMATION AND FORMS:-
All application archives contained in the application bundle might be seen here:
- USSP Application Instructions [pdf]
- USSP Application [form-fillable doc]
- US Letter of Reference [form-fillable doc]
- USSP Tips for an Acceptable Application [pdf]
U.S. South Pacific Scholarship Program Application Deadline
The application cutoff time is February 1, yearly.
Application structures and rules can be downloaded from the authority site.
Examining the application strategy and visiting the power locales [interface found beneath] for quick and dirty information on the ideal way to apply for this award is basic.